My kids are home this week for spring break. They’ve been pretty busy but today the girls seemed to be getting a little bored so I had them help me make some homemade bread. I wish I would’ve taken a picture or two but I’ve been such a terrible blogger lately! I will share our recipe with you though!
1 packet active dry yeast
2 cups warm water
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
5 1/2 cups all purpose flour or bread flour
1. In a large bowl, mix the yeast with the warm water and stir in sugar until dissolved.
2. Add the salt.
3. Mix in the flour, one cup at a time.
4. Knead the dough for about 5 minutes. (We rubbed a little veg. oil on our hands first).
5. Place the dough in a bowl sprayed with cooking spray or lightly coated with cooking oil and turn to coat. Cover with a damp cloth and place in cold oven to rise for one hour.
6. Put the dough into two loaf pans and let the dough rise for another 30 minutes.
7. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
8. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown on top.
9. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes before slicing.
It was so delicious (this was our first time trying it too)! We each had a thick chunk slathered with butter while it was still warm...mmmmm!
Now, at long last, on to the features!
Couturier Mommy made a magnetic road on her son’s wall- how cool is that?
Taidye.Original made this awesome Book Clutch ( & gave it away to celebrate over 100+ followers!)
Housing a Forest made this cute spring specimen art from painted burlap and buttons!
Life in Rehab made these beautiful ocean wave candleholders.
How Does She made a fabulous goggle holder- how fun and original!
Lazy Chef Recipes made Orange Pop Cheesecake Pie- WOW!
If you were featured be sure to grab a button and let everyone know how Krafty you are!
If you have a project you’d like to share, there’s still time to link up to this week’s party!