Thursday, October 27, 2011

My Halloween Decor


IMG_3528-1


The built in shelves in my office are my new favorite place to decorate (since I no longer have a mantel).  It is basically the heart of the house and from my desk, I can see outside into the backyard, into the kitchen, the living room, and into the hall.  I feel like I am in command central.   My boyfriend and I both have our desks facing each other and my desk is closes to the built-ins.  The shelves go up nearly to the ceiling and are the perfect spot to decorate and change with the seasons.  I have touches of fall all over the house but these shelves are really the only place I decorated this year for Halloween.  Come explore…


Check out the orbs!  It really is haunted!  Ha, ha!

IMG_3485

Don’t let those scare you, come take a closer look…

IMG_3518


I brought out several things from last year like the Spooky pennant banner, wooden pumpkins, candy corn, and Happy Halloween blocks.


IMG_3480-1


Across the top is a fall leaf garland that I am keeping up basically from September to November.  I found some orange styrofoam  pumpkins from the dollar store and I spray painted them to make them look ceramic. 

IMG_3515

One row of shelves has lots of little baskets that I use to hold various craft supplies and I added some little pumpkins to these. 

IMG_3478

IMG_3494

IMG_3495


I filled a galvanized planter with colorful fabric and lots of wooden candy corn. 

IMG_3496-1

On the shelf above, I wrapped a piece of orange crepe paper around a simple white candle.

IMG_3511


IMG_3531

I have these three amber colored bottles that I decorated with various graphics.  The biggest one is an image that I played around with of a girl and a cat.  I embellished with strips of crepe paper and burlap and inside I placed a flameless tealight to flicker. The next is a bat and then a skull that I attached with a little twine.


IMG_3506

IMG_3507

IMG_3508  
IMG_3509


I found a really nice vintage owl illustration from the Graphics Fairy and added a background with a big harvest moon and framed it.

IMG_3505


 I printed out some cute vintage jack-o-lanterns from Matthew Mead and strung them up with orange ribbon and a little white rick rack. Also from Matthew Mead is the cute vintage cat face.  Love these!

IMG_3512


Here and there are black glittery spiders creeping and crawling along the shelves.

IMG_3499-1


The bottles with the witch hazel & life renewal potion labels are from last year.  I have a flameless tealight candle behind just to flicker a little (hard to see in the pictures). 

IMG_3504


Then there is a dead bouquet.  I painted some artificial flowers black and added gold glitter and put them on skewers.  I filled a jar with them and added a little black tulle.

IMG_3503


A giant rat scurries along some old books…

IMG_3502-1


A chalk spider web on black paper is home to another big black spider.

IMG_3526

  In a frame on the shelf below is another image of a cute girl on a pumpkin with a black cat from the Graphics Fairy that I added a little glitter to and glued to some vintage sheet music.

IMG_3520-1

Another black blossom adorns the stand for the creepy skull.  There is a flameless candle underneath. 

IMG_3523-1

The whole thing just wouldn’t be complete without a  spooky dollar store bird.

IMG_3488-1



Hope you have a spooktacular Halloween!
IMG_3484-1
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

The Shabby Nest


Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom

504 Main



















Design Dazzle


feather-wallpaper-fw10425












Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special
Boogieboard Cottage
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks great! Found you via Shabby Nest. Would love for you to link up to my weekly Things I've Done Thursday party that runs until noon EST on Saturday. We also have a custom blog button giveaway going on right now!!

    Melanie
    http://bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com/2011/10/things-ive-done-thursday-and-blog.html

    ReplyDelete