Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pallet Wood Pecan Pie Sign






Pecan Pie Fixes Everything {Krafty Kat}

I used an old pallet to make a pet bed for my dog (don’t worry, I’ll show you later).  I had to remove some of the boards and although some of them split, I had a few left over.  Perfect for making some signs.



pallet board painting

With Thanksgiving coming up and the pecans piling up around here, I thought I would make a pecan pie sign.  I have seen all of the “Pie fixes everything” signs and thought I’d put my own take on it.  I hung it up in the kitchen since that is the place that all of the pecan pie baking goes down.  I love the rustic look of the sign and you know, what it says is absolutely true! 

Pecan Pie Kitchen Sign


Pallet Sign

Pallet Wood Pecan Pie Sign

Pretty soon there will be some fresh pecan pies sitting under that sign! I’ve just got to get busy cracking all those pecans! My girls and I have picked up about 2 big bucketfuls!  



By the way, if you don't feel up to making your own pecan pie sign, get a FREE printable here!  


Linking Up:
Craft-O-Maniac
The Girl Creative
CRAFT
Skip To My Lou
Between Naps On The Porch
Savvy Southern Style
Home Stories A to Z
Homework
Today's Creative Blog
Sew Much Ado
Smart School House
Someday Crafts
Shabby Creek Cottage
Tidy Mom
House of Hepworths
504 Main
Blissful & Domestic
My Romantic Home
At The Picket Fence
Little Becky Homecky
Craft Junkie Too
It's So Very Cheri
Somewhat Simple
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. What a great sign! nice font and I like the texture of the wood!! I bet those pecan pie will smell and taste good too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Such a cute sign...and you are correct, I do believe Pecan Pie fixes everything :) Thanks for sharing, visiting from Between Naps on the Porch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you through Craftomaniac link up. This sign is sweet, And you are right, evrything is better with pecan pie!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool sign - brings me back to summers in Alabama when the pecans were EveryWhere! I love pecan pie and love this sign!

    ReplyDelete