Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Denim Fascinator Headband

IMG_2276

Remember the denim headband I made from my daughter’s old jeans?  Well, I was having so much fun, I couldn’t stop there!  I made another denim headband, this time in more of a fascinator style.  I took strips of the jean material and sprayed them with bleach.  Some of the pieces were sprayed completely and some just in spots.  I covered the headband in the totally bleached out denim.  I made some rosettes from the bleached denim strips and also a big, pink, satiny flower and some other colorful rosettes.  I glued the rosettes together and added some bling.
 
IMG_2289

Then I attached a piece of felt to the bottom of the grouping and another to the headband.  I sewed the two pieces of felt together to keep it secure.  I Love it!  It’s so over the top girly!  My daughter had a ton of fun modeling it and asked if she could wear it to school the next day!   Of course, I told her no but it makes a great photo prop! 

IMG_2284

 IMG_2261

IMG_2270
Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. SO cute! The headband & your daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a headband! Totally lovin' it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! Love all the cute colors and your daughter is a cutie too:)
    www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and springy! What girl wouldn't love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable, what a cute model wearing the headband.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's statement piece!

    Thanks for sharing this at Creative Juice! Hope to see you back at the party tonight, Kat!

    ReplyDelete