1. The Thankful Tree: A tree with notes of thankfulness on each branch. This could be notes written only by you or by every member of the family. What a great feeling to read a note that someone is thankful for you!
2. Thanksgiving Tablecloth: This is such a sweet, sentimental way to cherish the memories of Thanksgivings over the years. Every year, everyone signs the tablecloth (just a king size white sheet) with colored permanent markers and then it is embroidered onto the tablecloth to be there forever. This family has been doing this for over 30 years.
3. Operation Gratitude: Send a soldier overseas a care package to show your gratitude and support for all they do. There is also a special deal going on with Hickory Farms for the holidays. Plus, if you “Like” its page on Facebook during the month of November, Hickory Farms will donate $.10 to Operation Gratitude (Max. donation $10,000 valid through 11/30/12). Please ask all your friends to “Like” the page too — those dimes will add up fast and make a huge difference for our Military!
4. Invite someone unexpected to spend Thanksgiving with you: While you are obsessing over your new napkin rings, there is probably someone you know who will be spending Thanksgiving alone. Maybe a coworker or a neighbor that has no family nearby. Invite them to spend Thanksgiving with you and make their holiday a little brighter while you realize their good company is yet another reason you have to be thankful.
5. The Thankful Bucket: Fill it up with all of the things you are thankful for. Then, after everyone has filled up, take turns reading aloud all of the reasons to be thankful. All of our buckets should be full!
There are so many ways we can express our gratitude- little acts of kindness towards others, thank you notes, baking goodies, handmade gifts, our prayers. How will you express your gratitude? Does your family have any traditions of showing thankfulness?
It's So Very Cheri
At The Picket Fence
Blissful & Domestic
One Creative Mommy
Craft Junkie Too
Little Becky Homecky
Too Much Time
Tatertots & Jello