Visit the Truvia® website for more tips and information on Truvia® Baking BlendThe holidays are here and that means time for baking lots of goodies! Cakes, pies, cookies, and all of the things that make these special times sweeter. If you want to be able to indulge in delicious desserts but still cut back on sugar, let me recommend Truvia® Baking Blend. Truvia® Baking Blend comes in pourable 1.5 pound bags and is a blend of Truvia and sugar. It gives you that genuine sugar taste and texture for all of your recipes but has 75% fewer calories and twice the amount of sweetness as sugar. One 1.5 lb. bag is the equivalent of a 3 lb. bag of sugar.
I want to share with you a recipe for making a delicious pumpkin pie using Truvia® Baking Blend. The pie still bakes up yummy with the same moist texture but this one has 2/3 less sugar than one using regular sugar. This can be your little secret! Try it and see if your family can tell the difference. They can enjoy a mouth-watering, home baked treat and you’ll know you’re helping them reduce their sugar intake!
Pastry shell for 9" pie
1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
1 can (12 ounces) evaporated fat-free milk
1⁄3 cup Truvia® Baking Blend
1 tsp vanilla
11⁄2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1⁄8 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Prepare your desired pastry crust.
3. Mix pumpkin, milk and eggs until blended. Add additional ingredients and mix until uniform.
4. Add mixture into prepared pastry crust.
5. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
6. Cool completely on wire rack.
7. Add whipped topping if desired.
Make your own whipped cream by whipping 1 cup cold fresh cream, 1 Tbsp Truvia® Baking Blend, and 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract. This will alter nutritional content.
Calories, 180; Total Fat, 7g; Saturated Fat, 2.5g; Trans Fat, 0g; Cholesterol, 65mg; Sodium, 170mg; Total Carbohydrate, 26g; Dietary Fiber, 2g; Sugars, 5g; Erythritol, 3g; Protein, 6g; Vitamin A, 140% DV; Vitamin C, 4% DV; Calcium, 10% DV; Iron, 8% DV.
* This pie has 180 calories and 5 grams of sugar per serving as compared to a sugar-sweetened pie that has 220 calories and 15 grams of sugar per serving.
What favorite Holiday recipe can you recreate using Truvia® Baking Blend? Leave a comment on this post!