Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cherry Cheese Pie

IMG_1024
For Valentine’s Day, I made my favorite childhood dessert, in a heart shape (of course).  My mom always made this for holidays.   It is an easy, no bake pie.  In fact, I’m sure every one of you have had this pie before.

IMG_1029



IMG_1004 Ingredients
Graham Cracker Crust

  • 1 1/2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/3 cup white sugar
  • 6 tablespoons butter, melted This is the only part that you use the oven for.  Typically, I use a store bought graham cracker crust but since I wanted to use my Wilton heart shaped pan, I had to make the crust.  Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, combine all ingredients and press into the pan.  Bake for 7 minutes.
    Filling
    • 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
    • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
    • 1/3 cup lemon juice
    • 1 tsp vanilla extract
    Whip the cream cheese until fluffy.  Slowly add in the milk and continue to blend well.  Add the lemon juice and extract and blend until smooth and creamy. 
    IMG_1013
    IMG_1017
    Spread the mixture out onto the graham cracker crust and chill for approximately 2 hours.  Top with cherry pie filling.
    IMG_1024
    Isn’t that pretty?  The red cherries are perfect for Valentine’s Day.  Then again, I think it’s perfect for every day!  It is so rich and delicious!  Usually the filling is much thicker in a regular size pie pan but it still tastes great like this.  I don’t think there is a way to mess this one up. 
    IMG_1034
    We also made these cute chocolate dipped marshmallows with sprinkles…just because we all love marshmallows and they are just too cute!
    IMG_1003

    IMG_1001 
    Happy Valentine’s Day!
  • Pin It!

    2 comments:

    1. The Treasurista said...
      Hop on over to the Party! Would love for you to link-up @

      http://thetreasurista.blogspot.com/p/treasuristas-thursday-treasures-come.html

      The Treasurista
      Finding and Creating FUN things...

      ReplyDelete
    2. Lovin' those chocolate dipped marshmallows. I'll have to do that with my grands. thanks for the idea. laurie

      ReplyDelete