Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Kid’s Shoe Organizer

IMG_1129

A good friend of mine gave me this shadowbox shelf  a while back. It is supposed to be used to display little knick-knacks.  I told her I thought I could find a use for it.  I thought it would make great little cubbyholes for my little one’s shoes.

IMG_1061

IMG_1063 
I hit it up with a little white spray paint  and modpodged the word shoes on top. 


IMG_1115

IMG_1123

(The glue still wasn’t dry when I took these photos.)


  I hope this will help keep all of her shoes together and off of the floor.  I don’t know if you ever have this problem at your house but the kids tend to just kick off their shoes wherever, then they can’t find them!  A scavenger hunt always follows and it is usually when we have to get someplace right. now.    Not much fun!


I’ll definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for more of these for my other kids.  You can find little shelves like these a lot at garage sales and thrift stores, and they are really so useful, not just for shoes!  You could use one in the bathroom for hand towels- wouldn’t that be pretty, all rolled up and tucked in the little cubbies?  Or maybe for craft supplies?  I love anything that will keep me organized and make life a little easier!


Organize It Party


I'll be linking this up to lots of other fun places you should visit- check out my link party list!
Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. What a cute idea. I've been looking for a way to organize my kids shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! I'm thinking my son's family needs one of those in their mudroom. Thanks for the inspiration. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to use it for kid's shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. You can never have enough shoe storage, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT idea! I have a few of these! And this is perfect for them!!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great idea! I hope it helps keep those little shoes organized! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I am in need of one of those. Munchkins shoes are all over the house!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely blog you have!..Very creative idea..!
    Sanghamitra.

    http://rainbow-thecoloursofindia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. how cute perfect size for kids shoes

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea for kids shoes! I could use one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks great! I love cubbys! I want to do this but in a much bigger fashion with our family of 7 at home.
    So cute how you mod podged the "shoes" on top.
    I found you on Thrifty Decor Chick. I'd love for you to stop by my Organizing Mission link party.
    I'm not on blogger, so giving you the link since it is easier.
    http://www.organizewithsandy.com/2011/02/28/organizing-mission-link-party-mission-spring-cleaning-week-11/

    ReplyDelete