Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Creamy Cheesecake Dip (AKA Liquid Crack) & Cheesecake Ice Cream

 I hope the title of this post doesn’t throw you.  I discovered this concoction completely by accident, trying to find something yummy for my kids to dip fruit in for a snack.  You may have had this before but it was new to me.  My kids gave it the name liquid crack.  They couldn’t get enough of it.  It is so easy, only 3 ingredients!

IMG_4776

Creamy Cheesecake Dip

1 tub Cool Whip (frozen)
1 8oz. package cream cheese
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Mix all three together until smooth. Eat as a dip for graham crackers, cookies, fruit, etc.  Keep refrigerated.


 Cheesecake Dip Collage


Cheesecake Ice Cream
Now, to make this even better, put it in the freezer for a few hours. It becomes a rich, creamy soft serve dessert.  Heavenly!  I have made the homemade ice cream using whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk which is really good but this is even richer and creamier with the cream cheese. It is so good it should come with a warning.  Something like “Warning! Don’t eat this unless you don’t care how big your butt is going to get!”


IMG_4781


I think this would also make a great ice box pie filling.  Just pour into a graham cracker crust.  When it is solid, top with berries.  It is very similar to the cherry cheese pie I have always made but I think I have gotten the perfect blend of ingredients for just the right balance of tartness and creaminess. 












Linking up:
Organize & Decorate Everything
Momma Hen's Coop
Sew Much Ado
Coastal Charm
The Thrifty Home
Not JUST A Housewife
Someday Crafts
The Brambleberry Cottage
A Crafty Soiree
Christina's Adventures
The Shabby Nest
504Main
Tidy Mom
Chic on a Shoestring
Funky Junk Interiors
Tatertots and Jello
Craft Envy
Be Different Act Normal
Lovely Crafty Home
Bubbly Nature Creations
It's Overflowing
Too Much Time
I Heart Naptime
While He Was Napping
It's So Very Cheri

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. ok, this sounds addictive! and too good not to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, this does sound absolutely addicting. I love cream cheese with just about anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally yummy sounding. And it's fat free, right?! lol

    Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday. Hope you'll join the fun each week.

    Happy 4th!
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks delicious, and seems simple enough that event I can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can I pass up anything called liquid crack? This looks so good... I am featuring this tonight! Great job!

    ReplyDelete