Sunday, December 19, 2010

Cake Batter Cookie Sandwiches




Tonight, we went to see an awesome Christmas light display.  After we got back and had dinner, I felt like having a little something sweet.  I have been wanting to make some whoopie pies but didn't have all of the ingredients.  So, I improvised.  I'm great at that!  I had some Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge cake mix.  I prepared it according to the directions on the box and then dropped spoonfuls of the batter onto a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart and baked in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.  For the filling, I mixed some Duncan Hines Fluffy White frosting and Cool Whip and spread it in between the cookie layers.  Then I called in the guinea pigs  taste testers.  They passed with flying colors.  My oldest daughter said she wanted these next year on her birthday instead of cake. 




I thought about taking it to the next level and adding crushed peppermints to the filling but I was lazy.  I plan on doing this again during the summer to make ice cream sandwiches. 

Linking up with: 
I Heart Naptime
Tatertots and Jello
Be Different, Act Normal
Under the Table and Dreaming
Funky Junk Interiors 
The Girl Creative
Skip to my Lou
Making the World Cuter
Craftomaniac
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment