Friday, December 31, 2010

Kids Craft- Upcycled Ribbon Spool Noisemakers

 
IMG_0121
 
OK, one last post about New Years.  I promise no more (until next year!)  This is a fun, easy craft to do with your kids.  I thought of doing something confetti oriented & then regained my sanity.  I do not want to clean up that mess!  You simply add some dried beans to the inside of old ribbon spools (if you're like me, you have a few of these laying around after Christmas) and tape closed.  Then paint, decorate, and shake, shake, shake!!! 
IMG_0116
Since I have 4 kids and only 3 ribbon spools (my son had hijacked it earlier to make a homemade rod and reel)  I improvised with a plastic cream cheese container.  We added the beans and painted along with the others.  So, don't worry if you don't have any ribbon spools- just use what you have- a small box like jewelry comes in, a soup can, a yogurt cup, you get the idea.  Have fun and Happy New Years!!!!

You can find me at these cool parties- you should come too!
While He Was Napping
Tidy Mom
It's a Hodgepodge Life
Someday Crafts
Funky Junk Interiors
Wiccan Make Some Too
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment