Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Snowman



Isn't he cute?  He was an old decoration that needed updating.  I didn't get a before shot but he was painted white with a black painted hat and black eyes and mouth.  Now, he's a new man!  



 I spraypainted him white then hotglued some blue fleece for his hat.  I glued some red buttons down the front.  I actually painted some white buttons blue because I wanted him to have dreamy blue eyes!  A sliver of orange ribbon makes his carrot nose.  I cut the black disks out of some googly eyes to make a "coal" mouth.  I robbed  borrowed a teddy bear's scarf and added some sticks for his arms.  He is made of wood but you could easily use cardboard or foam board.  I think he's happy with his new look.  Sometimes it's better to rethink your old decorations than to replace them.


Linking up with:
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. This is SO cute and he can stay out all winter ! come on over and link up to MMM :)

    ReplyDelete