Sunday, November 7, 2010

Acorn Napkin Rings

A little while ago, I told you how finding things in nature makes for instant, free decor.  This is just a continuation of that same idea.  I gathered several things while going on a little walk with the kids.  Some of those things were a bunch of little acorns (I just love acorns-they are a perfect symbol of fall & you can find them everywhere this time of year).    For the time being, I put them in pretty glasses but I knew I wanted to do something more with them.  Then, a couple of days ago, it dawned on me-they would be so cute as napkinrings.  I had a vision of an autumn woodland tablescape with gorgeous leaves, berries, pumpkins, gourds on an old farmhouse table .  I may not be able to completely recreate my vision with what I have but hopefully you can at least get the idea. 





The napkinrings were so simple to make.  I made a ring shape from jute then hotglued the acorns on. 







There are so many variations that could be made-replace the jute with ribbon to add a bit of color, use just one acorn-so sweet, even spraypaint them (I used gold but I can totally see using heirloom white, ORB, or silver).  You could use these to embellish candles, vases, even make a garland and string it up around your chandelier or across your mantel.   


Of course, you can always give your dollar tree bird a Mr. T gold chain! 






I think natural elements bring a touch of calm, earthy goodness to your home.  What natural elements are you using for your fall tablescapes?




BWS tips button
Photobucket

UndertheTableandDreaming







Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend   wrap    up           party!













The DIY Show Off
The Girl Creative

Making
Sumo Sweet Stuff









All Thingz Related
HookingupwithHoH


Get your craft on Thurs.
Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. Wow, I love how you used the acorns as a napkin ring! Definitely something I'd like to try for Thanksgiving.
    I'm your newest follower!

    Kat
    http://minorimperfectionsbykat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. :) I agree! Free decor is the best. I called you Kat in my email but is that your name?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Love the acorn napkin rings. I do believe I will make some. Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :) I LOVE this idea and can't wait to use it. I have a little collection of acorns because I can't help picking them up this time of year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I need to go acorn hunting. We were out yesterday scavanging leaves, twigs and moss. Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm your newest follower... cute project. I have a acorn fetish (-:
    Hope you check my blog out and I would love for you to join us Thursday at the party I co-host A Crafty Soiree at www.yesterdayontuesday.com
    Malia

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many cute uses for acorns! I wish we had them here in Albuquerque. I suppose I could always find some at a crafts store, but it just doesn't seem the same :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea! Bringing nature to the table makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish there were acorns around my town!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the little acorn crafts, very Autumn, very cute : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can not believe that as I have been walking around my yard and going crunch...crunch every step that I didn't think of this myself. What a cute..Fall idea. Thank you for the inspiration.

    Hugs,
    Regi

    ReplyDelete