Friday, November 12, 2010

Lucky Number Seven Tray

Funky Junk Interiors hosts a themed weekly link party and this week's theme is all about numbers so I think this will fit in perfectly with that theme.  I picked up a little tray from the dollar store. 


Not much to look at.  So I spraypainted it white.  It still needed a little something to catch the eye.  When our family is all together (one daughter lives out of state) there are seven of us.  So I printed out a number seven using the vintage typewriter font on cardstock,  cut it out to make a stencil and filled it in with black paint.  I smudged it a little but that's okay, it gives it character (something our family has a lot of). 



Not sure if it really is lucky but it is cute to look at.  Be sure to check out more ideas for using numbers over at Funky Junk Interiors. 



Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Oh how I like this project! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever are you?! I love what you did with a $1.00 find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project for not a lot of money! Seven is my favorite number :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI,

    This is very cleaver...I love anything black and white and especially with some type of graphic added.(-: It was so nice that you found the time to visit me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab, don't you just love spray paint? so you asked me about using spray sealer instead of poly and i think that would work. maybe just paint over it really well with white glue/water mixture to seal it and stick it down like crazy then spray it with the sealer? hope your shelf turns out fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, I like it! Silver be gone! Sure like the shape of that tray. Very nice!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I used some of these trays in my Halloween decor. Love this idea...great job! Thanks for your visit and sweet comments:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the dollar store for re-creating just about anything. Great job, super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it looks Great! And for only a dollar? -Excellent job!
    You should come link this up to my weekly Thursday Making It With Allie Link Party! I think it would make a Fabulous addition!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete