Sunday, November 14, 2010

Paper Stocking Banner



Last night, my girls and I made this simple Christmas stocking banner while watching a movie.  All of my Christmas decorations are in storage and I am vowing not to pull them out until Thanksgiving but after I watched my two oldest singing Christmas music at the mall yesterday (they are in Chorus), it got me in the mood for some holiday crafting. 





I found a lot of cool looking patterns and designs (thank you Google images) and printed them out on cardstock.  I also found a good stocking template here and used it to trace my shapes.  I just added a scalloped edge to the top.  We simply cut out our shapes and glued them together.  Super easy!  I punched holes in the top and strung it up with some white rick rack.  I thought a lot about going all out embellishing them, with buttons, glitter, etc. but I really liked the simplicity so I left it at that.  I think they are so cute!  I hung them on my mantel until it is time to hang the real stockings.  Then, they will find a new home, probably across my china cabinet.  This is a great craft to do with kids and they could personalize them however they like.  It is easy, inexpensive, and so, so cute!


Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. I love this...and how fun do make it with your kids! Mine would love this. Thanks for the idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really such a sweet and simple idea! I've featured it in the SNS sidebar this weekend. :)

    Donna
    http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Simple ideas are the best! I love the papers that you chose as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER cute! I am going to have to make this with my girls too:)

    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I've given you an award. Check out this post: http://bisforboycreations.blogspot.com/2010/11/my-first-award.html
    Happy Tuesday!
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  6. These will brighten up any home of Christmas !

    ReplyDelete
  7. It`s very beautiful!
    And easy to make.. not too much mess :)
    Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete