Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Impossible Coconut Custard Pie




Since we are nearing the holiday season,  which also means the baking season, I thought it would be the right time to share a recipe for a pie my mother always made at Thanksgiving and Christmas as I was growing up.  It is sooo good. 



This pie is so awesome that it makes its own crust!  How cool is that?  You just mix all of the ingredients together and put it in a greased pie pan.  Put it in the oven for about an hour and then come back to claim your pie perfection. Easy as....well, pie!   It should be browned on the top with toasted coconut (mmm) and the custard should be set.




It is so good,  everyone will believe you spent all day in the kitchen slaving away.  Go ahead, let 'em think that.  Maybe then they'll feel guilty enough to help you clean up.  (didn't work for me, but maybe you'll get lucky!)




Here is the recipe:

Impossible Coconut Custard Pie

2 c. milk
1/2 c. prepared bisquick mix
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs
3/4 c. flaked coconut
4 tsp. butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium bowl with blender or mixer, combine all ingredients. Pour in greased pie pan. Bake 45 minutes (more like 60 minutes for me). Cool in refrigerator.



Show and Tell Green





Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden


http://www.thethriftyhome.com























HookingupwithHoH






calm+breeze+banner+friday.jpg





Funky Junk Interiors


Photobucket
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Dear Kat

    Thank you so much for joining me at Create With Joy! Your recipe looks delicious - I will try this - and I love your blog! I'm delighted to follow you back, and I look forward to getting to know you better!

    Ramona
    http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to make this!! Do you think that I can omit the coconut? I can't eat it.

    I'm in to follow you with U Follow Me I Follow U Friday.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! That looks DIVINE!!! I will be making this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe this is made with Bisquick! Is there anything you can't do with that stuff? :)

    ReplyDelete