This brassy chandelier has been staring me in the face everyday for as long as I can remember. I didn't know what to do with it. I would love to just throw it out & replace it with something else but can't afford to, not to mention, I am scared to death to try to deal with all those wires. So, everyday it taunts me & everyday I try to ignore it. I have contemplated spraypainting it but, again, the wires. I have thought about trying to cover up everything around it & spraypainting it right there but I have just been too chicken. So, when I tried the Rub 'n Buff & it worked out ok, I decided this would be my weapon of choice. I could attack it right where it sleeps and not have to deal with those dreaded wires. I covered every gleam I could see of that brass with my Spanish Copper goop & rubbed it in good. I buffed & buffed & I retouched. Then I retouched some more. Then the unthinkable happened: I ran out of Rub 'n Buff. If only I hadn't done my little test. Whatever-it had to be done. Luckily, I had pretty much tamed that tiger by that point. I could still see hints of brass peeking through but I remembered some touch up paint I had from some patio furniture which was a dark bronzey color. I applied a little dab here & there & I think that did the trick. Now, this is not the perfect fix. It is a wax based finish & can end up thicker in places and be missing in others which makes it hard to get just the right coverage on a large surface. I think it would be great for smaller projects. Still, it made the job I had to do much easier than I ever thought it would be & it had a nice finish. After I felt like I was completely done & gave it its last good buffing over, I stood back & admired. So. Much. Better. Bye-Bye Brass!
Now I just need some cute little lampshades for it....oh, well, I'll just think about that tomorrow.