Monday, November 1, 2010

This Is Only A Test!

This is only a test!  I repeat, only a test!

I have seen several projects done lately with a product known as Rub 'n Buff.  Most recently, Life in Rehab redid her outdated ceiling fan & it turned out beautifully.  I've been just itching to try it.  I got a tube of Spanish Copper-it comes in all sorts of metallic shades.   I have a special project in mind but before I attempt it I wanted to test it out on something that I wouldn't be in trouble if it was a fail.  I've had this old plate rack for a while. 




I have started to throw it out several times but have held onto it thinking I might one day do something with it.  I have considered spraypainting it & using it as a hanger for my daughter's headbands or necklaces but just never did. 



So, I tried the Rub 'n Buff .  I rubbed it all over then waited a little while (long enough to fold a load of towels) then came back & buffed till it shined.  I did have a little difficulty getting it into all of the tiny nooks and crannys but I used a Q-tip wherever my fingers wouldn't fit & I think I got it covered pretty well. I was a little wary that it would not turn out right but it was really easy and turned out great!   Test results:  Passed with flying colors!






When it was done, I hung it on the wall in the dining room (please ignore the paint on the wall-previous fail that I haven't gotten around to fixing).  I am so glad I didn't throw that plate rack out now!  I think it fits the room so nicely. 





You can see all of my dollar & thrift store decor there-my bird, plastic sewing chest turned bread box, dollar store hurricanes ( I think everyone has made these).  My tiered basket thing that the apples and potatoes are in came from TJMaxx or Marshall's last year.  I love it.  I will be surely be moving things around a thousand times in here before I get it just right.  Do you do that too? 

Now that I have a feel for applying the Rub 'n Buff, I can go ahead with what I have planned.  I'll show you when I get it done, unless I fail miserably, in which case I will just pretend I never said anything. 

This concludes our test.  You may now continue with your regularly scheduled blogcasting.

Linking up to the following :


Making
Keeping It Simple
mmm button






Simpsonized Crafts
Sumo Sweet Stuff
 






HOG

All Thingz Related






Photobucket
Beyond The Picket Fence
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. That looks great! I've seen such great things done with Rub n buff, but I'm still a little scared to try it...not to mention that I don't have anything to rub n buff. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard of "Rub n Buff", I'll have to try that one day. Thank you for sharing, tami

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to use rub n buff too, great job and great idea to do a "test".

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out great! I want to try the "buff" as well! I like your idea--start small and work your way to bigger projects. ;
    I'd love for you to join my link party! alittleknickknack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete