Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Cute Cleaning Product Label

For quick cleanups in the bathroom, I use an old spray bottle that I refill.   I just add a capful of bleach and a squirt of Dawn dishwashing liquid and fill it up with water.  The problem is, I'm using an old glass cleaner bottle and I'm afraid that one day I am going to get confused and accidentally spray that bleachy stuff on something I shouldn't. 

So, today, when I was supposed to be cleaning the bathroom, I decided to remove the old label and replace it.  See what a procrastinator I am?  I printed out the new label and mod podged it on.  I didn't spray any sealer on it so you can see where the colors ran a little bit.  I did seal it though after it was dry. 

No more worries about grabbing the wrong bottle and when I'm cleaning, at least I'll have something cute to look at.  Well, as cute as a spray bottle can be!  I love the retro look of it.  



 I realize that I must be a total dork to decorate my cleaning bottle but I don't care.  I'm the one who has to use it everyday.  Well, almost everyday. When I'm not procrastinating.  Maybe I'll want to clean more now.  What do you think? 


Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. go you!
    I'm planning on making nifty labels when I try my hand a making my own cleaning products- seems logical to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is such a cute idea. I need to do this to my bottles. I'm hosting We're Organized Wednesday until Saturday and would love for you to join the party. There's a beautiful giveaway too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I found your blog through Funky Junk. I was reading your Thanksgiving Decor post and you had me at **Fred's**! We have one in our small town and I love it. Then I thought, wonder where she lives and sure enough, you live in Ga. too!
    Anyway, just wanted to say hi! I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this idea. I was just thinking about how all my spray bottles look alike and I really should try to differentiate -- trying to smell what's in them doesn't always cut it :). I'll be giving this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this idea because I am a "home-brew" user too. ;) I didn't realize you could mod podge onto these bottles! This would be a fun chance to just play around with different designs too. Thanks for linking up at Ain't She Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww, this is adorable. It's way cuter than the original label! I now have yet another use for the rest of my mod podge :) Thanks for the idea. I'd love for you to link this to my Sweets This Week link party.

    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! I do the same thing with an old window cleaner and love this idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thats pretty creative....very nice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh very cute! I like reusing bottles too - this is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for linking to We're Organized Wednesday. I'm going to feature this tomorrow. You can grab a featured button from my sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a new follower visiting from FoF. Your not a dork, I love this idea!! I need to get busy making labels for my cleaning supplies!!!
    lifeofperks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's great! I would love for you to come link this up at my Strut Your Stuff Party, and enter the giveaway as well!
    http://danajeanward.blogspot.com/2010/11/strut-your-stuff-link-party-and.html

    ReplyDelete