Monday, November 29, 2010

Started Christmas Decorating


This has been such a busy few days!  Thursday was Thanksgiving and my son's birthday all rolled into one.  Saturday was my birthday and yesterday we got our Christmas tree!  Lots of celebrating but not a lot of time for crafting (although I did do a little- will have to show you later)!  To top it all off, I have been trying to fight off a cold all the while!  

I went to Hobby Lobby (remember I said I had NEVER been)Man, I wanted to buy nearly everything in there!  I didn't get to look at everything because I spent most of my time in the Christmas section.  I picked up a gorgeous Santa to put by my fireplace.  Isn't he perfect?



Anyway, we got our Christmas tree ( an 8 1/2 foot tall Leyland Cypress) and last night, the kids and I decorated it while watching Elf.  We have lots of ornaments-especially ones they have made!  We used white and color lights and lots of brightly colored and glittery ornaments because the kids love all of the colors.  



When the kids get older, I will do a tree with just white and gold or white and silver ornaments and white lights because I think they are so pretty but this tree is not all about me!  After the kids went to bed, I put out our little Christmas village (we don't have nearly as may pieces as we used to)  and decorated the mantel and put out lots of other little Christmasy things. 
















I still have lots more to do- hang the stockings, put up the nativity, decorate the front porch, some things in the kitchen (clean this messy house).  But, right now, I'm loving sitting back, sipping some hot coffee and admiring the tree. 




Linking up with :I ♥ NaptimeMaking the World Cuter, The Girl Creative, Craftomaniac, Dittle Dattle , Between Naps on The Porch, The Lettered Cottage, Southern Hospitality, House of Hepworths
Hope you come back tomorrow for Holiday Hookup and show off what you've been doing for the holidays!

Krafty Kat
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Oh your decorations are gorgeous. Love your new Santa too. Everything looks fabulous. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree is beautiful! You know, I still can't let go of some of my favorite ornaments from when I was growing up. I'm not sure if I'll ever have a gorgeous grown-up tree! Too much sentimental value involved :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think "family" trees are the best trees of all - bring on the color! ;) Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed my tour through your decorations. The color is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully decorated tree! Mr. Santa is adorable. You gotta love Hobby Lobby. Thank you for linking up to the first ever "Amaze Me Monday" blog party.

    ReplyDelete