Friday, November 19, 2010

Peppermint Wreath



Ever since I saw the candy corn wreaths at Halloween, I knew I was going to make this.  I thought, if you can do it with candy corn, you can do it with peppermint!  Last year, I made peppermint and cinnamon disk candy trees but never thought to make a wreath!  Basically, I bought a floral foam wreath form from the Dollar Tree and spraypainted it white.  Then, I just glued on the peppermints and added a ribbon to hang it with.   So simple and cute!  This is a really easy and cheap craft that the kids can help with.  Of course, you may have to pay them in candy!  The trees are made the same way except you glue them onto a foam cone shape.  This could be done with any sort of candy-white or green lifesavers, red cinnamon disks, fruit slices, etc.   

 I love peppermint and the candy land type of Christmas decor.  It reminds me of being a kid and getting so excited about all of the candy and goodies.  I love the smell of peppermint , I even have peppermint scented candles.  There's just something about it that makes Christmas all the more magical.


Linking up with:  Fingerprints on the Fridge, Life as Lori, Beyond the Picket Fence, The Shabby Nest, Finding Fabulous, Chic on a Shoestring, Tatertots and Jello, I ♥ Naptime, Along for the Ride, House of Hepworths, Funky Junk Interiors, Be Different...Act Normal, Blue Cricket Design, Someday Crafts, Skip to My Lou, It's So Very Cheri, The Girl Creative, Saturday Mornings, Under the Table & Dreaming, Bobbypin's Boardwalk
Pin It!

15 comments:

  1. I love how clean and festive this looks! Just enough of a Christmas feel....but not gaudy. So pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Those colors are so bright, cheery and Christmasy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute wreath -- I know I will be making one of these -- it would look really cute on my hutch! Thanks for the inspiration. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks wonderful but won't the candy get all sticky?I want to make one but wory about the mess.Thanks~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. One thing you can try to keep it from getting sticky is to spray the candy with Krylon's Preserve It. You would have to do one side, let it dry, then do the other side. I didn't use it but I did spray with Mod Podge acrylic sealer when it was finished. It was a bit sticky to work with but then again, so was the hot glue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute. I loved the candy corn ones that I saw around Halloween, but this is even better!! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! I am featuring this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. Grab my "featured" button.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGOSH..what would the Christmas Holiday be without the smell of peppermint? This is one cute wreath and one I might have to do with my son...I'm not sure how well we can do..we both LOVE peppermint..hehe!!

    I am one of your new followers...love your blog. I discovered you from Beth's Wiccan Make Some Too.

    Hugs,
    Regi

    ReplyDelete
  9. The wreath looks yummy! Thanks for stopping by Wiccan Make Some Too. I will be sure to stop back by on Tuesday for your Holiday Hookup. Thanks for the invite.
    http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very clever and unique -- Fresh looking. Thank you for sharing on the Boardwalk Bragfest. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete