Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Heart Shaped Box (of Chocolates)

IMG_0359

Forrest Gump’s mama said, “ Life is like a box of chocolates.”  I wonder what a box of felt chocolates is like.  This project, like so many of my projects started at the Dollar Tree.  I picked up one of these heart-shaped gift boxes. 


However, the design just wasn’t my taste.  So I found some digital scrapbooking freebies online and just printed out the paper:  Instant scrapbooking paper!  Then I cut the paper to fit my box and decoupaged it on using a mix of school glue and water. 

IMG_0330
IMG_0335

IMG_0334
So, my box was done but I needed something to go inside.  I have seen lots of cute felt food in blogland so I thought I’d try some felt chocolates.  I covered little wooden blocks and a round drawer knob with felt and added some beads and rick rack trim.  For the heart, I actually used a heart shaped favor ring.  I think they turned out pretty cute.  I enjoyed making this and may give a few out as gifts- can’t beat the price! 

IMG_0356
IMG_0361
IMG_0354
IMG_0365

The best part is that I can enjoy these chocolates guilt-free!
Linking up to the following fabulous parties:





Tip Junkie
All Thingz Related
Skip to My Lou
Blue Cricket Design
It's So Very Cheri
The Trendy Treehouse
Someday Crafts
Paisley Passions
My Backyard Eden
Shanty2Chic
Momnivore's Dilemma
House of Hepworth's
Yesterday on Tuesday
Life as Lori
A Glimpse Inside
Craft EnVy
Funky Junk Interiors
A Little Lovely
Be Different Act Normal
Tatertots and Jello
Tidy Mom
While He Was Napping
The Shabby Nest
I Heart Naptime
Under the Table and Dreaming
CraftoManiac
Making the World Cuter
Night Owl Crafting
Pin It!

15 comments:

  1. That is to cute! I love the way you redid the box and the felt candies are so sweet. Thanks for sharing, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great job! I thought that the chocolates were real!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your boxes... so very pretty! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and calorie free! I just love what you do with Dollar Store finds! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am your newest follower! great blog!
    http://divababies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. very creative and guilt free;o) Thanks for stopping by My Little Blogspot...following you right back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am kinda getting into felt right now, so I really like this idea. I may just have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to go dollar store hunting with you...

    seriously.

    I just saw those very boxes at dollar tree...and now you have inspired my next Valentine's project.

    <3
    Thanks for linking to Creative Juice Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are just so cute. I love how you finished the box.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is too cute! Love the new picture you put on it as well. And that felt chocolate looks good enough to eat! haha
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for joining us at A Crafty Soiree. I love being inspired by the participants. These are so fun. I bought a book full of super cute felt food ideas and have yet to make anything out of it...guess it was a good intentions kind of thing! I hope you'll come back next week too, we love to see familiar faces!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a clever idea! The felt chocolates look good enough to eat! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great transformation. I like your so much better than the original..
    Have a great Valentine season,
    Shirley & Cupid...

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is adorable! Love the scrapbooking paper you found. How fun. Thanks so much for joining The Valentine Party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So very cute, and I love your vintage Valentine wreath, too! Annie

    ReplyDelete