Monday, January 24, 2011

Valentine Krispy Treat

IMG_0628

I have 2 sick guys home with me today.  I think it’s just a cold but they both have low-grade fevers.  In addition to all of the usual ways I must care for my children when they are sick, I thought I would make them a treat to let them know how much I love them and want them to feel better.  I thought I would put my Wilton heart pan I bought at the thrift store the other day to good use and make them some rice krispy treats.
IMG_0623 
IMG_0624  
I melted my butter (1/3 cup) and added my marshmallows (about 10 oz) and when they started to melt, I added just a few drops of pink food coloring.  Stirred it all up, added a sprinkling of hope you get well soon and a giant helping of love and spread it out in the heart shaped pan. 
 IMG_0625
 IMG_0626
IMG_0628 

I think it made them feel better because they said it looked like raw hamburger meat and they were going to try to trick their sister when she gets home from school and tell her they’re eating raw meat.  LOL!  Dont’cha just love boys!!!

I think for Valentine’s Day, I will make some more in pink and red and use heart shape cookie cutters.  Then, I can wrap them up in some clear treat bags with a little ribbon and maybe a cute tag with a cheesy saying like “My heart is in your hands”. LOL!  I don’t know. It’s just an idea…

Linking up to these fab parties:
Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Craftomaniac
Skip to My Lou
The Girl Creative
Sugar Bee Craft Edition
All Thingz Related
Tip Junkie
The Trendy Treehouse
Blue Cricket Design
Me & My Bucket
Someday Crafts
My Backyard Eden
Fingerprints on the Fridge
It's So Very Cheri
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. I had gotten strawberry flavored marshmellows to make rice crispies with. Dipped in chocolate would be good too. MMMM....I need to make those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your boys want to trick sister! How funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raw hamburger! Hee Hee. Such boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a lovely treat, and I like the idea of doing miniature ones for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I have that pan but I use it for pizza on Valentines Day-I'll try this too. Came from Trendy Treehouse. I'm a follower now!

    http://livinglifephotographically.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-debut-artist-interview-annelise.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah that looks so yummy!! I love rice krispie treats! If you ever have a chance I'd love for you to link up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings. www.ladybug-blessings.com oh & p.s come enter my giveaway for an inspirational dog print :)

    ReplyDelete