Friday, January 21, 2011

Valentine Mantel and Easy Way to Dress Up Candles

IMG_0534
Here is my mantel decorated for Valentines Day.  I put my Valentine Tree in the middle.  It is just some branches that were spraypainted white (with a little red glitter sprinkled on) in a little metal container that is spraypainted silver.  I added some red paper shred to the bottom and decorated the tree with some felt heart ornaments.  My Bee Mine printable is in a red frame next to that.  My frame was a bit too big for the paper but I really wanted to use the red frame.  I have my Flower Pot next to that made with heart picks from the Dollar Tree. 
IMG_0542
IMG_0535
On the other side of that is a couple of candles that I added some ribbon to.  I know a lot of people will hotglue the ribbon to the candle to dress them up but not me!  I want to be able to reuse my candles and my ribbon for something else later so I just pinned the ribbon on with safety pins and hid that on the back! 
IMG_0537
Then I have a red candleholder thingie from Hobby Lobby that was given to me last year and a few little cute kitty cats.  There were 5 little kitties to start with but I’m down to three now.

IMG_0545

 IMG_0538


IMG_0539
Hanging across the bottom is my LOVE Banner that I made.  Very simple and super cheap but still festive and cute. 
IMG_0541



Proud to be featured here:
IhookedupwithHoHlamespice




Linking up to these fun parties:
Tidy Mom
Finding Fabulous
Chic on a Shoestring
The Shabby Nest
Fingerprints on the Fridge
Funky Junk Interiors
Tatertots and Jello
Yesterday on Tuesday
Be Different, Act Normal
Saturday Mornings
Life as Lori
I ♥ Naptime
Under the Table and Dreaming
The Stories of A to Z
Craftomaniac
Dittle Dattle
Skip to My Lou
The Girl Creative
Between Naps on the Porch
Don't Waste Your Homemaking
Making the World Cuter
All Thingz Related
The Trendy Treehouse
Blue Cricket Design
Me & My Bucket
Someday Crafts
Beyond the Picket Fence
House of Hepworths
It's So Very Cheri
Pin It!

21 comments:

  1. Looks great...funny I also did a "heart tree" this year! In addition, I also use a paperclip to secure the ribbon instead of gluing...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, I love the BEE Mine framed piece! And the little kittens add a sweet, playful touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mantel looks amazing, and so festive! It's actually putting my embarrassingly bare mantel to shame ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your mantel! It' so sweet and cute and happy!!!

    Did you know Beth with http://www.thestoriesofa2z.com/
    is having a Valentines Day Mantel party on monday!! YOU should link this up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute Candles! I love decorating candles with fun things like this :)!

    Love for you to link this up at my linky party on Mondays ;)!

    www.dontwasteyourhomemaking.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mantel looks so cheerful :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I just decorated my mantel today, but only with a few things, I love the idea of making a banner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! I love your valentine tree!!
    craft-interrupted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty and adorable! Lots of cute ideas!.....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  10. very cute as well!! where did you get those gorgeous white chippy candle-holders at??

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just adore those little ceramic kittens! Cute mantle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh how i wish i had a mantle - i'm making some stuff today for certain!! I'll find a place to put it even without a mantle!! thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi There you have been FEATURED AT CraftOManiac. Thanks & winks-jen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for linking to DWYH, hope you can come back every Mondays :)!

    www.dontwasteyourhomemaking.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. The mantle is adorable!!

    I know you link up to a ton of parties but I'd love for you to come link up to Ladybug Blessings Handmade Tuesdays! www.ladybug-blessings.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cute! Love the 'be' mine. :)

    ReplyDelete