Sunday, January 23, 2011

Vintage Valentine Wreath

IMG_0619
I love vintage Valentine cards, you know the ones that kids give each other at school.  They are just too sweet with all of the cute pictures and silly puns.  I printed out some I found online and cut them out.  Then I just glued them to paper doilies.  Then, I whipped out my secret weapon- Elmer’s Shimmer n Shine. 

IMG_0588

I found this at Walmart the other day and this is my first time trying it.  I have to say, I love it.  But, then again, I love anything GLITTER.  I covered them with the Shimmer n Shine and when that was dry, I just hotglued the doilies onto my icy wreath.  I started out with a wreath form that I cut out of cardboard but it wasn’t big enough.  So, I improvised (as usual).  I think it ended up pretty cute.

IMG_0591

 I like how it made a star shape on the inside space.

IMG_0596 
    Check out how cute these cards are.  Some of the sayings are hilarious.

IMG_0603

IMG_0609 

IMG_0607

IMG_0604 

IMG_0600

IMG_0606

IMG_0599 

 IMG_0611

Last year, I made my kids some treat bags with these glued to pink and red paper bags.  So far, I haven’t found the paper bags this year.   I will probably do a few other little crafts with these.   I am in love with the nostalgic images on these cards.  I still have several cute ones I didn’t use for this project. 


IMG_0618

Linking up to these parties:
I ♥ Naptime
Life As Lori
Tatertots and Jello
Under the Table and Dreaming
Tools are for Women Too
Craftomaniac
Boogieboard Cottage
C.R.A.F.T.
Dittle Dattle
Skip to My Lou
The Girl Creative
Between Naps on the Porch
Making the World Cuter
Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Today's Creative Blog
Sugar Bee Craft Edition
All Thingz Related
Tip Junkie
The Trendy Treehouse
Blue Cricket Design
Saturday Mornings
Me & My Bucket
Someday Crafts
My Backyard Eden
Beyond the Picket Fence
The Shabby Chic Cottage
House of Hepworths
Pin It!

16 comments:

  1. This is the cutest wreath I have seen! Love the vintage valentines too...Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wreath is so cute! I think I have those same doilies at home, but I've planned to do something similiar with a garland. Thanks for telling us about the shimmer stuff. I've never heard of it before, but it sure did make your images look like true vintage pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea....I remember these kinds of valentines from my elementary years in the 1960's. I'll have to try my hand at this one :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute - the glitter is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the cheesy lil sayings on vintage valentines:) you did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, great job on the Valentine wreath, adorable! Thank you for joining in on Masterpice Monday. Mary :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really adorable! I very want to make one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! I was stopping by from Making the World cuter and would love for you to enter my linky contest! The winner each month is showered with prizes and featured on my blog!

    http://www.thesaturdaymorningsblog.com/2011/01/strut-your-stuff-link-up-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute. LOVE the vintage Valentine cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great project! I have some old Valentines that would be perfect for this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute--what a great use for these images! Thanks for linking up!
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute wwreath. Haven't tried the elmer's product. Maybe I should check it out the next time I'm in Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea. Your Valentine wreath looks so pretty. I have not seen one just like that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such an amazing project!! I would love it if you linked to our Valentine Party! http://paperissues.blogspot.com/2011/01/valentines-day-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your wreath is SO cute, and I love the sparkle that the Elmers Shimmer n Shine adds to it! That girl with the fork looks a little dangerous, doesn't she?! I'm here from the Merry Vintage Valentine Party. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete