Friday, January 7, 2011

Valentine Flower Pot

Flower 2

Love is in BLOOM with this cute little Valentine’s flower pot but it almost wasn’t !  I say that because this started out as an entirely different project.  I grabbed about 4 bags of these Heart Picks when I was in Dollar Tree. 






I was originally going to make a heart topiary but soon ran out of hearts.  I terribly misjudged how many hearts it would take to cover my little styrofoam ball.  As I was looking at it and so not wanting to run out and buy about 10 more bags (just to be safe),  I realized it looked kind of like a flower.  Hmmmm…if the center was yellow, it would look more like a flower…no sooner than I thought it, I was up painting the center yellow and my wooden dowel green.  Then I pulled out the hearts and covered the rest of the styrofoam with pink tissue paper.  I just glued it down.  I put my hearts back on and then the dowel.  I put some styrofoam into a ceramic flower pot and inserted the dowel into the foam.  I covered it with some paper shred.  I added a little felt leaf and a ribbon and that was it. 


Flower

I like the little flower even better than the topiary that I had planned because it’s a little unexpected and so bright and cheerful!   I think it will look cute in my daughter’s room even after Valentines Day is over. 

Flower 3

Proud to have this project featured here:





Photobucket

Linking up to these lovely parties:
Tatertots and Jello
The Shabby Nest
Fingerprints on the Fridge
Finding Fabulous
Sassy Sites
Frugal Fabulous Design
Chic on a Shoestring
504 Main
It's a Hodge Podge Life
Tidy Mom
Yesterday on Tuesday
Life as Lori
Beyond the Picket Fence
Momnivore's Dilemna
What Allie's Making Now
While He Was Napping
Funky Junk Interiors
House of Hepworths
Be Different Act Normal
A Little Lovely
Mama's Kinda Crafty
Shanty2Chic
I ♥ Naptime
Craftomaniac
Sumo's Sweet Stuff
C.R.A.F.T.
Making the World Cuter
Skip to My Lou
Tip Junkie
Sugar Bee Craft Edition
Blue Cricket Design
It's So Very Cheri
The Trendy Treehouse
Someday Crafts
Night Owl Crafting
Pin It!

16 comments:

  1. This is really cute:) I would love to put something like this in my daughter's room:) It's so bright and cheery like she is! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw those hearts at Dollar Tree. I was wondering what I could use them for and now I know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute CUTE Cute! I am trying to think of a way to make an edible version of this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! Great job!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is totally cute. And so festive. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is totally cute....{keep it around for Mother's Day and Spring decor as well}

    Thanks for partying at Creative Juice Thursday!

    <3
    nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, that turned out really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We needed a really easy decorating idea for Valentine's Day, and I knew this would be great. We plan to get it made. Thanks!

    I also thought your button was so cute that it is now on my blog. I am also following you.

    http://mydevotionalthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is soo stinkin sweet! And of course I love the price tag! Cuteness on a budget! Hope you will share with my Pink Hippo Party @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2011/01/pink-hippo-party-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a clever idea! Turned out so cute! I'm with Lori, an edible version would be fun. Maybe a cookie pop or something. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's super cute, and I like that it doesn't have to be just for Valentine's Day. I know your daughter will love it in her room.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so sweet! I love your end result -- making do made it better!

    Sharon
    www.styrofoamcrafts.com

    ReplyDelete