Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Thrift Store Finds

I have had a busy day today!  I had a whole bunch of errands to run and in between, I stopped in a couple of  thrift shops to see if I could find anything.  It’s been a really long time since I’ve been.  It was so fun looking for treasures.  Let me show you a few of the things I picked up:

I picked up this Eiffel Tower print for my 12yo daughter’s room. The plan for her room is a black & pink Frenchy themed room.  I think it will look great and was only $3.50.
IMG_0494

I found this curtain for my other daughter’s room.  Pretty cute and matches her room. $9.  I think it was originally from Target.
IMG_0520
I also got this ruffled shirt.  Not to wear but to make a pillow out of.  I just love the dusty pink color and it’s so soft.  Trust me, you’ll see! $3
 IMG_0501
I found these tiny little terra cotta pots I know I can do something with and this little pink metal bucket.  That would be cute in my daughter’s room. 60 cents together.
IMG_0504
Some Valentine’s cards for school.  $3 for both.  We will make little treats to go with them but you know how they like to give the little cards…
IMG_0500
 A sweater and a pair of Sperry’s for my 6yo daughter…$3 together
IMG_0513
IMG_0517
A pink, puffy coat for my 12yo daughter…$4.
IMG_0514
A cute polka-dot dress…Not sure if it will fit but if not, I will sell it on ebay. It was only $3.
IMG_0511
Some cheapo plaques.  I love to pick these up for 20 & 30 cents.  They’re great for mod podging.
IMG_0496
This old junior dictionary for $2.  It’s copyright date is like 1942.  This is probably my favorite little treasure.  I can’t wait to use those pages!
IMG_0497
This big basket with handles.  I really liked the size of it (it’s like 2 feet wide and 1 foot deep!) and I know I can get lots of use from it. $3.
IMG_0505
I forgot to take a picture but I got a big heart shaped cookie pan for $3. 
I spent a grand total of just shy of $40 and got all of this junk cool stuff. 
I saw a lot of great furniture that I would love to have gotten, if I only had somewhere to put it!  Have you been thrifting lately?  If not, you should go…you never know what little treasure you might find!

Sharing this over at:
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Great finds. Love your plans for the pink shirt and all of your treasures are wonderful. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, you really hit the jackpot with all of this... I cannot wait to see that pillow, I know if will be fantastic!

    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great finds! love the pink ruffles! great minds think alike because I found some pretty items at a consignment store today - (I had time waiting for my daughter at an ortho appointment)I will post them on Friday. It has been years for me that I have been treasuring hunting - it is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you got some great things. I don't go thrifting. In the past, I have never had good luck. But you may have inspired me to try again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing finds! I am in love with that big basket!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The polka dot dress is very cute. It's to bad you don't have a little niece that could fit in it.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete