Friday, January 7, 2011

Valentine Tulle Heart Wreath

Now that Christmas and New Years is behind us, what do we have to look forward to?  You guessed it:  Valentine’s Day.  The holiday of Lurve! I see everyone else must be thinking the same way because I have seen Valentine’s crafts everywhere.   I thought I would wait until at least mid January but, what the heck!  If everyone else is doing it, why can’t I? 


Heart Wreath 4

I decided to make a heart shaped wreath.  I used a wire coat hanger and bent it to form the shape of a heart.  I started to make a coffee filter wreath but decided to save my filters for my coffee and use up my stash of red nylon tulle.  I cut the tulle into little squares then into half again to make a rectangle, folded them in half and just looped them on.  If you’ve ever made a no-sew tutu, you know what I mean.  That’s actually what this was left over from.  I went all the way around and then once I had it to my desired fullness, pulled my loops tight and fluffed it out.  Easy as pie and didn’t cost me a penny!  I love how ruffly and romantic it looks. 

Heart Wreath 2

Heart Wreath 3

Proud to be featured at:

Craft DIY Ideas


mmm button



Linking up at these lovely places:
Just a Girl
The Shabby Nest
My Romantic Home
Crystal's Craft Spot
Fingerprints on the Fridge
It's a Hodge Podge Life
Tidy Mom
Chic on a Shoestring
Lit and Laundry
Finding Fabulous
Frou Frou Decor
House of Hepworths
Paisley Passions
Somewhat Simple
Tatertots and Jello
504 Main
While He Was Napping
Funky Junk Interiors
Be Different Act Normal
A Little Lovely
Mama's Kinda Crafty
Shanty2Chic
I ♥ Naptime
Craftomaniac
c.r.a.f.t.
Making the World Cuter
Skip to my Lou
Sugar Bee Craft Edition
Blue Cricket Design
It's So Very Cheri
The Trendy Treehouse
Someday Crafts
Night Owl Crafting
Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. That's too cute. I like how you recycled old tulle that you had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Some of the wreaths out in blogland are so time consuming. This one is pretty and sounds simple to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful wreath. I will have to try this. Very fluffy and romantic. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea...love that it is free. I'm sure I have plenty of red tulle laying around as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made a wreath just like this one last February!!! We had a big blizzard and were snowed in for a few days without electricity, so I used what things I had on hand...too funny!!!!

    LaKeta
    1luckeegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really sweet, I'm going to give it a try when I get the tulle!
    Visiting from My Romantic Home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! Visiting from Craft-o-maniac link party.
    Stef
    itsallinmyheadstefsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is screaming Valentines! Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL WREATH...LOVE IT
    THANKS FOR SHARING AND I LOVE THAT YOU MADE THE HEART FROM A CLOTHES HANGER
    HAVE A SUGAR SWEET DAY
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

    ReplyDelete