Saturday, January 29, 2011

Pretty in Pink

 Have you gotten your free paint sample from Valspar yet?  I got mine.
IMG_0708
It came with a mini paint roller and tray.  Isn’t that so cute?


I also got some coordinating colors paint chips and a coupon for $5 off a gallon of Valspar paint from Lowe’s.  The sample is a nice size too- 7.7 oz.  I chose the shade Positively Pink.  It is a very girly-girl, bubble-gum pink. 

Today was such a beautiful day outside that I decided to get outside and try this paint out.  I bought this children’s rocking chair several years ago and always intended to paint it and just never got around to it.


IMG_0696

It was used when I bought it and has been left outside in the rain and just overall neglected.  It was high time I do something with it or say goodbye.

IMG_0695
IMG_0704


I think it turned out so pretty in pink.  It will look great in my little girl’s room and she can sit in it and rock her baby dolls.  Now, we just have to clean her room! 


IMG_0700

Total cost of this project-FREE!  I love that!  I still have enough paint left for another small project.  If you haven’t gotten your free paint sample yet, head on over to Valspar or “like” them on their Facebook page.  They are giving away 1,000 samples a day so if you miss it, just try again the next day!

Oh, and just so it’s clear, I have not been compensated in any sort of way by Valspar or Lowe’s.  I’m just passing along the info!

IMG_0707
IMG_0703
pink chair in black & white

To see all of the cool places I'll be linking this up at just go here
Pin It!

27 comments:

  1. Oh so cute! I glad that helped you out because I blogged about it. Very nice chair.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the chair is so sweet!! Nothing is better than free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info! Love the mini roller and the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [30 Jan 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last picture, well it's just picture perfect!

    ~Chris

    PS I'm still laughing over the "lowe's disclaimer"...

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow... really cute! I love that color pink! I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CUTE chair!! I love it! Pink is one of my favorite colors. I bet your daughter will love having it in her room. Also, thanks for the Valspar hookup! I really could have used those roller brushes this last week - I'm going over to see if I can get my free paint and rollers. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cute! I go my Valspar package yesterday. I didn't like the paint that I got until I saw your chair and then I knew exactly what I was going to do with it! My daughter has a playhouse that we are decorating and I will paint her table and chairs with it! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Lacy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your rocker came out so cute! Thank you for linking this free paint tip to MM. Mary :O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun...thanks for sharing!

    kisses
    heather from WhipperBerry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great! Any little girl would love using that to rock their babies :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute and I love pink too !
    Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. It turned out very nice. I love that color pink!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet chair. I keep waiting too late for my sample. Oh well~

    ReplyDelete
  15. How adorable! I'm going to get my free sample right now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too CUTE !!!!!

    Thanks for sharing,
    gena

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love how your little chair turned out! I love the pink.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. CA-UTE!!!!! LOVE the pink chair! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that you painted it pink! I love anything PINK.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute!! I have to get some free samples!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute cute chair in pink! Thanks for sharing it at my party.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute!! I have a little rocker that someone gave me that I want to redo. I'm thinking red!
    Found you at Blue cricket!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love it! I have two little red rocking chairs that I have been meaning to paint for my little princesses. On my to-do list! Visiting from Whatever Goes Wed.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this color pink!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a difference!!! I love the color. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  26. So pretty! I have a bookshelf I want to paint pink, this would be perfect!

    Chrissie @ http://cleverfaeries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my gosh! I have the same rocking chair! I about fell over when I saw the picture of it all naked. Mine has been naked for at least 20 years and I just painted it with chalk paint. Its been in the family forever and I wish I knew more about it. Love the pink paint on yours!

    ReplyDelete